Tala. The creators of beautiful, sustainable lighting.
Tala is on a mission to be the definitive zero carbon lighting brand. Founded in 2015, the company is headquartered in East London and operates three global warehouses in Atlanta, Amsterdam, and London. Check out our growing community of designers, renovators, and light lovers here at Tala.
Tala combines design, technology, and sustainability principles to create exceptional lighting products. The business works with category leading design partners in contract and retail channels with a rapidly growing ecommerce channel. Our sights are set on scale, which means expanding our international community, product portfolio and team.
We are looking for an ambitious individual to assist and grow the Retail strategy throughout the UK. This role will require actively building and developing relationships with new and existing retail/showrooms accounts including relationship management, product training, merchandising in-store and online as well as much more.
The ideal candidate will use analysis to drive performance and leverage process to make the sales process efficient. We need a proactive mind that is comfortable working alongside the various other Tala teams to develop a formidable commercial function that can scale. The ideal candidate will share our ethos of sustainability and progressive thinking as well as be able to hit the ground running.
- Build and develop the UK Retail strategy alongside the Head of UK Sales
- Manage, develop and service existing accounts as well as identify and convert new account opportunities to achieve and exceed sales goals
- Act as first point of contact for your accounts team responding to email and phone enquiries, all tracked through NetSuite
- Set KPI’s and reporting results monthly
- Collaboration with Trade Marketing Manager to improve data driven sales strategy
- Maintaining clean Account and Sales Order records
- Be the voice of Tala to our consumers, and the voice of consumers to the Tala team
- 1-2 years sales experience in a competitive environment, preferably in the homeware or design industry
- Proven ability to build positive relationships and influence. Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent
- Confident delivering compelling and memorable product presentations to an audience
- Metric driven with an early track record of success
- Excellent communication and customer service experience
- Comfortable raising areas of process improvement and acting in collaboration with the team
- Ambitious with an entrepreneurial mind set
- Ability to see projects from ideation through to completion
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- An independent worker able to think for themselves whilst collaborating with other teams
- A progressive thinker
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Competitive Salary
- Commission scheme (2.5% - upon meeting targets, uncapped)
- Career progression within a high growth start-up
- 26 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Opportunity to learn from experienced team members across departments
- Flexible home / office working split
- Welcome Tala gift and generous product discounts (60% off)
If you have a good understanding of the lighting/design industry, a passion for design & sustainability we’d like to hear from you.
Location - London
Start Date - May
Title - Business Development Executive - UK Retail
Experience Level - Junior Level
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing why you are right for Tala to email@example.com