Tala. The creators of beautiful, sustainable lighting.
Tala was founded in 2015 by Josh, Max and William. Three university friends who believed great design was the fastest way to a low-carbon planet. Since then, we’ve become one of the leading lights in design-led, sustainable lighting. A team of engineers, designers and low-carbon pioneers, proud to be creating lights that are gentle on the planet, make homes look great and make life feel brighter.
New product development – from prototyping to development for mass production, you will be working as part of the Product Development team to realise new lighting products. You will work closely with our teams in London and China, as well as our manufacturing partners, to progress designs via calls, emails, Solidworks models and in person during vendor visits.
Interdepartmental technical support – an in-depth knowledge of the electrical operation and mechanical construction of Tala products will be vital for providing support to the wider Tala team.
Supplier and manufacturer liaison – you will be comfortable communicating and negotiating with our manufacturers and suppliers to arrive at the best product solutions; thinking on your feet regarding design options and able to make critical commercial decisions is a must.
- Competent in electronic and electrical design, primarily power electronics
- Good mechanical understanding of product construction, manufacturing processes and material choices
- Industry experience in lighting or consumer electronics engineering and manufacturing is preferable, however graduate level or other routes will be considered
- Product compliance experience (CE, UL/ETL, CB), or willingness to learn
- Proficient in 3D/2D CAD (ideally Solidworks)
- A passion for sustainability and responsible product design
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- A proactive team player who is comfortable working independently
- Attention to detail and an interest in high quality design and production
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Daily problem solving in all areas of product development
- Active member of a dynamic team atmosphere
- Career progression within a high growth, multi-national company
- Opportunity to learn from experienced team members across departments
- Beautiful work environment in our East London office, with lab and workshop for in house product development and testing
Competitive. Dependent on experience
If you have a good understanding of the industry, a passion for design and sustainability, and feel you can be a brand ambassador for Tala, we’d like to hear from you.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing why you are right for Tala to email@example.com