Tala. The creators of beautiful, sustainable lighting.
Tala was founded in 2015 by Josh, Max and William. Three university friends who believed great design was the fastest way to a low-carbon planet. Since then, we’ve become one of the leading lights in design-led, sustainable lighting. A team of engineers, designers and low-carbon pioneers, proud to be creating lights that are gentle on the planet, make homes look great and make life feel brighter.
In 2023, Tala proudly certified as a B Corp™.
Tala is seeking an energetic, passionate, and motivated part-time Showroom Coordinator to join the team at our new flagship London showroom at 40 Rivington Street, Shoreditch.
As Showroom Coordinator, you will play a key role in representing the brand and promoting our unique lighting solutions to retail customers and assisting in daily customer service duties both digitally and in-person.
- Manage daily retail operations within the showroom, ensuring it is always well-presented, neat, and representative of the Tala brand
- Deliver exceptional retail experiences, providing comprehensive product knowledge, design advice, and personal recommendations
- Collaborate with the wider brand, customer service and sales teams to ensure alignment on strategies and promotional activities
- Develop and maintain customer relationships, providing prompt responses to inquiries and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Conduct product demonstrations, highlighting the design and sustainability aspects of our lighting solutions
- Participating in stock management activities, promptly storing incoming deliveries and continuously restocking the shop floor
- Regularly report on showroom activities, customer feedback, and sales performance to management
Proven experience in retail, hospitality or a similar customer-facing role in a design-related industry
Strong passion for design, sustainability, and customer service
Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with a diverse clientele
Strong organisational skills, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities
Proficiency in using computer software or point of sale systems - Shopify POS experience a bonus
Proactive and solution-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills
Capable of working independently, taking initiative and making decisions that impact the showroom and brand positively
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Work within a passionate team dedicated to design and sustainability
- Opportunity to represent a leading brand in the lighting industry
- Career progression within a high growth start-up
- Welcome Tala gift and generous staff discounts
- Join a Certified B Corporation®
40 Rivington Street, Shoreditch, London EC2A 3LX
2-3 days p/w (Friday + Saturday minimum)
£12.50 per hour
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing why you are right for Tala to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tala is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note: All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.