Tala. The creators of beautiful, sustainable lighting.
Tala was founded in 2015 by Josh, Max and William. Three university friends who believed great design was the fastest way to a low-carbon planet. Since then, we’ve become one of the leading lights in design-led, sustainable lighting. A team of engineers, designers and low-carbon pioneers, proud to be creating lights that are gentle on the planet, make homes look great and make life feel brighter.
In 2023, Tala proudly certified as a B Corp™.
Tala is seeking a Finance Assistant / Accountant to join the team in London, reporting into the Head of Finance. The role is to ensure that the finance day-to-day activities are running smoothly by making sure that processes are in place and adhered to, and to support the wider business by providing timely and reliable information for decision-making.
As the company is organised through its headquarters in the UK and two subsidiaries (one in the US and one in the EU), the individual will have exposure to group accounting, as well as to the specific accounting, tax and compliance rules of the different regions.
The successful candidate will be diligent, organised, collaborative, a fast learner and a problem solver, and thriving when operating with a high level of trust and autonomy.
- Manage the Accounts Payable cycle: entering purchase invoices accurately into the system, ensuring they are approved by the department managers, setting up payment runs and keeping on top of statement reconciliations
Update the cash flow forecast on a regular basis
- Assist with the Month end closing process, including raising appropriate journals
- Prepare monthly management accounts and provide commentary for the Senior management team
- Prepare the UK quarterly VAT return and assist with the EU VAT and US Sales tax returns
- Assist with the annual budgeting process
- Contribute to the overall improvement of finance processes
- Other day-to-day duties to ensure the business’s Finance function operates effectively, such as assisting the Accounts Receivable Manager with collections when necessary or Produce ad hoc reporting to help drive the company’s performance
- Part-qualified accountant
- 2 years+ experience in a similar role
- Track record of streamlining processes and finding efficiencies
- Proficient command of Excel (e.g. lookups, pivots)
- Netsuite experience preferred, but not essential
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Competitive salary
- 26 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Career progression within a high growth start-up
- Opportunity to learn from experienced team members across departments
- Join a Certified B Corporation®
- Flexible home / office working split
- Welcome Tala gift and generous product discounts (60% off)
£30,000-35,000 (dependent on experience) + up to 5% performance-based bonus and study support.
London, UK (hybrid)
Junior / Mid-Level
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing why you are right for Tala to email@example.com